The purpose of this post is to provide external links to news of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Diamond Jubilee visit to the USA from March 12 – March 22, 2018. We we will make every effort to ensure that links are filtered so that the news is not repetitive.
Aga Khan in Houston, Texas
- Report in the Ismaili: Mawlana Hazar Imam departs the United States
- Report in the Ismaili: Mawlana Hazar Imam to establish Ismaili Centre in Houston
- Report in The Ismaili: Governor Greg Abbott honors Hazar Imam upon his arrival in Texas
- Report in Houston Chronicle: Visit by the Aga Khan inspires Ismaili Muslims across the country
- KTRK-TV (Video): Aga Khan arrives in Houston for Diamond Jubilee visit
- Report in Dallas (Morning) News: Aga Khan arrives to meet with thousands of Ismaili Muslims in Texas
- Report and photos in the Ismaili: Mawlana Hazar Imam welcomed by Texas officials in Houston (featured photo at top of post is of Houston arrival)
Aga Khan visit to Houston: Pre-arrival
- Report on KTRK-TV: The Aga Khan to visit Houston on Sunday (includes video message from Mayor of Houston)
- Report in Dallas (Morning) News by Ismaili staff writer Naheed Rajwani: After 9/11 my mom made me wear a USA ribbon every day, but now we are proving our faith through service
- Houston Mayor’s welcome letter to Ismailis (PDF)
Aga Khan in Atlanta
- Report and photos in The Ismaili: Mawlana Hazar Imam departs Atlanta
- Report in Global Atlanta: Aga Khan Again Brings Message of Engaged Islam to Atlanta
An Ismaili reflects on her Didar experience in Atlanta
Mawlana Hazar Imam sends “strong” blessings to Jamats around the world and asks Jamat to be “mazboot”
A Proclamation by the Governor of the State of Georgia on Aga Khan’s Diamond Jubilee
- Report and photos in the Ismaili: Mawlana Hazar Imam meets with Georgia’s Governor in Atlanta
- Report in the Fair Observer: A Muslim Leader Honored in the US
- Broad scope of articles at AKDN: Aga Khan USA visit
State welcome for His Highness the Aga Khan as he arrives in Atlanta, Georgia, to commence his USA Diamond Jubilee visit
His Highness the Aga Khan, Mawlana Hazar Imam, arrived in Atlanta, Georgia, on Tuesday, March 13, 2018, on the first stop of his Diamond Jubilee visit to the United States. He was received at the airport by Casey Cagle, Lieutenant Governor of the State of Georgia (see photo, above). He was then welcomed with an official salute by the Atlanta Police Department Honor Guard. This was followed by a performance of both the Nashid al-Imamah and the US National Anthem by the national 116th Army Band.
While in the US, the Aga Khan is visiting Georgia and Texas, where he is scheduled to meet with the Governors of both states. Thousands of Ismailis from around the USA are travelling to Atlanta and Houston to have special mulaqats (audiences) with their 49th Imam. The Ismailis refer to these special mulaqats as Didars (literary a glimpse). The Georgia World Congress Centre is the venue in Atlanta for the mulaqats.
The Mayor of Atlanta on March 13 released a statement welcoming all Ismailis to the city for the Aga Khan’s Diamond Jubilee, in which she stated that the occasion should be an opportunity for everyone to reflect on his “six decades of tireless work to improve the human condition for people around the world.” Many streets in downtown Atlanta have been decorated with welcome banners referencing the Diamond Jubilee.
- Report in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Aga Khan arrives in Atlanta for historic USA visit
- The Ismaili (with video of arrival): Mawlana Hazar Imam arrives in the United States.
Date posted: March 14, 2018, 03:00 AM, EDT
Last updated: April 30, 2018, 23:19, EDT.
Barakah welcomes your feedback. Please complete the LEAVE A REPLY form below or send your comment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter may be edited for length and brevity, and is subject to moderation.
Note: This website, Barakah, is a special project by http://www.Simerg.com and is dedicated to the textual and visual celebration of His Highness the Aga Khan as he celebrates his Diamond Jubilee or 60 years of Imamat.