The purpose of this post is to provide external links to news of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Diamond Jubilee visit to India from February 20 – March 1, 2018. We we will make every effort to ensure that links are filtered so that the news is not repetitive – often the same news agency report is shared by different media.
His Highness the Aga Khan’s Diamond Jubilee visit to India: New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Mumbai
His Highness the Aga Khan in Mumbai
MARCH 2, 2018: MUMBAI
- Report and photos in the Ismaili: Mawlana Hazar Imam departs India
- Report and photos in the Ismaili: Mawlana Hazar Imam graces India Jamat with Darbar
- Report in the Times of India: Rise and serve the nation, Aga Khan tells community
MARCH 1, 2018: MUMBAI
FEBRUARY 28, 2018: MUMBAI
- Report in the Times of India: Aga Khan to address 40000 followers at Mumbai University’s Kalina campus
- Report in Mumbai Mirror: Aga Khan set to meet Fadnavis, guv in city today
His Highness the Aga Khan in Hyderabad
FEBRUARY 27, 2018: HYDERABAD
- Photos and report in The Ismaili: Mawlana Hazar Imam meets with Governor and Deputy Chief Minister of Telangana
- Article on All India Radio: The Aga Khan’s Visit To India by Dr. Ash Narain
- Report in The Siasat Daily: Aga Khan has plans to launch development programs in two Telugu States in five years
FEBRUARY 26, 2018: HYDERABAD
- Report and photos in The Ismaili: Mawlana Hazar Imam arrives in Hyderabad
- Report and photo in The Hans India: Aga Khan arrives in city for 3 day visit
- Report in Outlook India: Spiritual leader Aga Khan to address his followers tomorrow
- Report in the Deccan Chronicle: Prince Aga Khan’s visit causes traffic snarl at Banjara Hills
- Report in Telengana Today: TS Deputy CM reviews arrangements for Aga Khan visit
- Report in The Siasat Daily: Aga Khan’s visit to Hyderabad: Here’re traffic diversions in the city
FEBRUARY 24, 2018
Video: Ismailis from Iran celebrate in Mumbai
- Report in Hindustan Times: Aga Khan to visit Mumbai, meet CM….on March 1
- Report in the Times of India: Aga Khan initiative harvests water in parched villages (in Gujarat)
His Highness the Aga Khan in Gujarat
FEBRUARY 23, 2018: GUJARAT
His Highness the Aga Khan meets the Governor of Gujarat, Shri O. P. Kohli
FEBRUARY 22, 2018: GUJARAT
Aga Khan Diamond Jubilee message by the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Shri Vijaybhai Rupani (in Gujarati)
Video: Flowers galore for Aga Khan as he lands in Ahmedabad
His Highness the Aga Khan in New Delhi
FEBRUARY 22, 2018: NEW DELHI
His Highness the Aga Khan calls on President Kovind
President Kovind says that Mawlana Hazar Imam has led with great humility and has been a shining example of goodness for humanity.
FEBRUARY 21, 2018: NEW DELHI
Prime Minister Modi receives His Highness the Aga Khan
The Aga Khan and India’s Vice President inaugurate Sunder Nursery
The ground on which we stand has been a centre of cultural history for a very long time. It was nearly seven centuries ago, for example, when the Sufi Saint, Nizamuddin Auliya, walked these paths and shared his teachings of universal love. It is in that same spirit of universal harmony that we dedicate these Gardens today. For it is the Garden, down through history, that has often symbolised the harmonious interaction of Divine Blessing and Human Creativity — Excerpt, Aga Khan speech, February 21, 2018.
This merging of Nature’s Gifts with Human Design is an ideal that is deeply embedded, of course, both in Indian culture and in Islamic traditions, with the flow of refreshing water reminding us of the abundance of Divine Blessing. The Sunder Nursery expressed these same values when it was created here – almost one century ago, in 1924. The name, Sunder, itself, has its roots in ancient Sanskrit – often described as the world’s oldest language – where “Sunder” simply means “beautiful.” — Excerpt, Aga Khan speech, February 21, 2018.
It is with the future in mind that we now dedicate the Sunder Nursery as one of the world’s great public parks – open to all for recreation, for contemplation, for education, and for inspiration. Just think of what a lively, energetic place this will be in the days and years to come. Already, we are told, a vast array of birds and butterflies have made their new homes in these restored spaces. And soon they will be joined by school children coming here to experience a variety of new micro-habitats, by scientists advancing their ecological research, by artists meeting audiences in the beautiful Garden amphitheatre, by historians and other visitors engaging with dozens of preserved historical monuments. — Excerpt, Aga Khan speech, February 21, 2018.
- Aga Khan speech, report and photos on AKDN: Vice President and Aga Khan inaugurate Sunder Nursery
- Detailed Report in India Today: VP opens 90-acre park in Delhi
- Report in Suryaa: Vice President says Hinduism a cultural concept of India; and that in serving humanity, Aga Khan is serving God
- Report in Punekar News: Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu and Aga Khan inaugurate Sunder Nursery
- Report and photos in LiveMint: New Delhi’s own ‘central park’ opens today
- Report and photo in Deccan Herald: Delhi gets first-of-its-kind 90-acre heritage park
- Background article in the Deccan Chronicle: Lost Mughal garden in Delhi reopens as a public park
India’s Vice President Receives the Aga Khan
- Ministry of External Affairs: More photos of arrival and meetings with Indian leaders (developing news)
- Gujarati report in Sambhaavnews: પ્રિન્સ આગાખાનનું ભારતમાં આગમનઃ કાલે ગુજરાત આવશે
- Report in MoneyControl: Aga Khan begins India visit to mark his diamond jubilee
FEBRUARY 20, 2018: NEW DELHI
Aga Khan arrives in India
- Report and photos in The Ismaili: Mawlana Hazar Imam arrives in India
- Report in the Deccan Herald: 15 monuments back to glory, courtesy Aga Khan Trust
His Highness the Aga Khan’s visit to India: Pre-arrival reports and schedule of visit
FEBRUARY 19, 2018
- Ministry of External Affairs (MEA): Visit of His Highness the Aga Khan to India from 20 February-2 March, 2018
- Report in Siasat: Prince Aga Khan to visit India
- Report in the Times of India: Aga Khan’s 11-day India visit to begin from Feb 20
- Report in The Hindu: Meetings with CM, Governor top Aga Khan’s city agenda
Schedule of visit, February 20 – March 1/2, 2018, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Venue: AFS Palam
Photo Op: AV Media
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Meeting with the Vice President
Venue: Hyderabad House
Photo Op: Agencies Only
Opening of Sunder Nursery
Venue: Hazrat Nizamuddin, Near Humanyu’s Tomb
Contact Aga Khan Foundation
Meeting with the Prime Minister
Venue: 7, Lok Kalyan Marg
Thursday, February 22, 2018
Call on the President
Venue: Rashtrapati Bhawan
Photo Op: Agencies Only
Emplane for Ahmedabad
Venue: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
Meeting with Shri Om Prakash Kohli, Governor of Gujarat
Venue: Raj Bhawan, Gandhinagar
Meeting with Shri Vijay Rupani, Chief Minister of Gujarat
Friday, February 23 – Sunday, February 25, 2018
Programme in Gujarat
Monday, February 26, 2018
Emplane for Hyderabad
Arrive Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Meeting with Shri Mohammed Mahmood Ali, Deputy Chief Minister of Telangana
Venue: Hotel Taj Falaknuma Palace
Programme in Hyderabad
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Emplane for Mumbai
Venue: Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
Thursday, March 01, 2018
Meeting with Shri Devendra Fadnavis, Chief Minister of Maharashtra
Meeting with Shri Chennamaneni Vidyasagar Rao, Governor of Maharashtra
Venue: Arrive Raj Bhawan
Programme in Maharashtra
Date posted: February 19, 2018.
Last updated: August 22, 2018.
Photo credit: Featured image at top of page from the Prime Minister’s website, http://www.pmindia.gov.in/en/.
Pertinent to the visit are the following must read articles for Jamats to maximize the benefit from the Holy Didar of Mawlana Hazar Imam:
- Songs of affection for His Highness the Aga Khan and Salawat with an explanation
- Applying the Islamic ethical principle of forgiveness at the most important moment in Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Imamat
Barakah welcomes your feedback. Please complete the LEAVE A REPLY form below or send your comment to email@example.com. Your letter may be edited for length and brevity, and is subject to moderation.
For links to all the posts please see the drop down menu bar at top of this page or click on Table of Contents.
Also join/like Barakah’s faceboook page http://www.facebook.com/1000fold and follow us at http://twitter.com/simerg.
Note: This website, Barakah, is a special project by http://www.Simerg.com and is dedicated to the textual and visual celebration of His Highness the Aga Khan as he marks his Diamond Jubilee or 60 years as Imam of Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims.
Wonderful article of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s 11 day visit to India. Thank you.
Beautiful coverage of Mowlana Hazir Imam’s 11 days long visit of India. The photos, videos and messages are heartening as well as inspiring. The visit will greatly help Ismailis living in India to empower themselves through education and economic development in the light of detailed and timely guidance of Mowlana Hazir Imam.
Ismailis are indeed fortunate that they have living Imam who constantly guide them both in worldly as well as spiritual matters which help them to live a balanced life and prosper.
Thank you for sharing. So much easier to see all events and pictures in one post rather than receiving 10 notifications on the same topic.
I pray that your efforts in keeping us all updated on Hazar Imam’s Diamond Jubilee visits are fully rewarded in both deen and duniya; Aameen.
Ya Ali Madad Malik:
Mawla bless and guide you on the tremendous task that you have undertaken to keep readers updated with our beloved Hazar Imam’s Diamond Jubilee visits. Thanks
Shukar Allah Al-Hamdulillah
Thank you Malik for your wonderful efforts to keep your readers like me totally updated with these wonderful happenings around the globe. May Mawla bless you for such great seva. Amen!