The purpose of this post is to provide external links to news of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s Diamond Jubilee visit to the United Arab Emirates (UAE). We we will make every effort to ensure that links are filtered so that the news is not repetitive – often the same news agency report is shared by different media. The page will be updated on a regular basis.
The Aga Khan in the Emirates
January 25, 2018
Mawlana Hazar Imam bids farewell before departing the UAE. Photo: The Ismaili/Simon Milne-Day.
Mawlana Hazar Imam walks through the Jamat during the Diamond Jubilee Darbar in Dubai. The Ismaili/Akbar Hakim.
A view of the beautiful stage for the Darbar held in Dubai for the Emirates Jamat. On the centre, behind the chair, is the circular Diamond Jubilee logo bearing the crest of the Ismaili Imamat. The crest has 60 crescents surrounding it, representing Mawlana Hazar Imam’s 60 year reign. A Kufic rendition of the Qur’anic ayah or verse (49:13) from Surah Al-Hujurat (the Dwellings) with the following meaning, forms the outer perimeter of the logo. “O mankind! Lo! We have created you male and female, and have made you nations and tribes that ye may know one another. Lo! the noblest of you, in the sight of Allah, is the best in conduct. Lo! Allah is Knower, Aware.” — Translation by Pickthall.
Mawlana Hazar Imam addresses the Jamat during the Diamond Jubilee Darbar held at Dubai World Central. Photo: The Ismaili/Akbar Hakim.
January 24/25, 2018
Photos and stories in Al-Ittihad
For story and photos in Arabic, see Al Khaleej link, below.
His Highness the Aga Khan meets with His Highness Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan (left column) and His Highness Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Click on The Ismaili link below for report and enlarged photos.
- Report and photos in The Ismaili: Mawlana Hazar Imam meets with Crown Prince and Deputy Prime Minister in Abu Dhabi
- Report in The Gulf Today: Mohamed Bin Zayed receives Aga Khan IV
- Report in The National: Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed meets with the Aga Khan
January 23, 2018
Arabic MediaNews in Al-Ittihad.
In printed media, headline in red, top right, states that the Crown Prince welcomes Patriarch Yuhana Xth and Aga Khan IV.
Photo and report in printed media of Aga Khan’s arrival in Dubai on Monday January 22, 2018.
- Press Release UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs: His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid receives Aga Khan
- Report in Daily Nation (Kenya): Aga Khan in Dubai as he marks 60 years of spiritual leadership
- Report in The National: Spiritual leader Aga Khan meets Sheikh Mohammed in Dubai on diamond jubilee tour
- Report in Khaleej Times: Sheikh Mohammed meets Aga Khan in Dubai
- Report in Khaleej Times: Spiritual leader Aga Khan arrives in Dubai
- Report in Gulf News: Aga Khan arrives in Dubai
Mohammed bin Rashid receives Imam of Nizari Ismailism
For more coverage related to this event, please click https://sheikhmohammed.ae/en-us/
Date posted: January 24, 2018.
Last updated: January 27, 2018, 01:03 AM, EST (explanation of Diamond Jubilee logo and photo of Darbar stage).
Note: This post is simultaneously published on http://www.simerg.com, a literary website dedicated to the arts, culture and traditions of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims and related traditions.