While Jamatkhanas around the world remain closed, and we don’t yet know for how much longer, many Jamats are indeed fortunate to have in their homes a 2-volume set of Farman Mubarak made by Mawlana Hazar Imam during the period 2011-2013 (24 Farmans in six countries) and 2017-2018 (45 Farmans made during the Diamond Jubilee Year in eleven countries). We ask all our readers to read the Farmans regularly; for youths and parents we have compiled a list of Farmans they may wish to get started with, and read aloud to their younger siblings or children. In response to our first part, one reader said: “It made it easy for us to get started reading the Diamond Jubilee Farman Mubarak.”
Our brief guide is followed with texts of messages and Talikas that Mawlana Hazar Imam has conveyed to the Jamats since Navroz, March 21, 2020. Let us all keep in mind that the Imam’s blessings are with each and every murid around the world at all times, and not limited to the specific date and place where the blessings were conveyed. We should keep the blessings and gracious guidance as a constant at all times, and gain from them immense inspiration, strength and courage now and at all other times.
Part 2: Guide to Diamond Jubilee Farmans of Mawlana Hazar Imam
Title: Farman Mubarak of Mawlana Hazar Imam Shah Karim Al Hussaini Aga Khan, Diamond Jubilee: 2017 – 2018.
Details: Softcover, 236 pages; published in 2019 by Islamic Publications Limited, Aga Khan Center, London, UK, under exclusive license from His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan.
Contents: Preface + 45 Farman Mubarak made in France, Uganda, Tanzania, Canada, Pakistan, UAE, India, USA, Kenya, UK and Portugal.
Availability: Jamatkhana literature counters.
- Page (p.) 7, top: Noor of Imamat
Farman Mubarak 14, Islamabad, pakistan
- p. 67, 3rd para: New knowledge; competitive world; keeping our mind alive, and
- p. 67, 4th para: Practicing faith regularly….and….irregularly; remembering Allah.
Farman Mubarak 15, Islamabad, PAKISTAN
- p. 71, 3rd para to p.72 2nd and last para: Nature of statehood in Ummah; ethics of faith, including wisdom, giving time, practicing brotherhood
Farman Mubarak 16, ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN
- p. 81, 1st para to p. 82 end of Farman: Faith, intellect in Shia Islam, education and its purpose; the gift of education; be greedy in education!
Farman Mubarak 17, Islamabad, pakistan
- p. 83, 3rd para to p. 84, 2nd para: Foundations for life’s quality, English as binding force for worldwide Jamats.
Farman Mubarak 18, Karachi, PAKISTAN
- p. 95, 2nd para.: Bringing recognition of our tariqah to others; ours is a good interpretation of Islam based on values it brings to societies.
Farman Mubarak 19, KARACHI, PAKISTAN
- p. 103 to p. 105, please read all 3 pages: Global brotherhood; Jamats’ mobility; Imam’s ambition; knowledge society; supporting each other
Farman Mubarak 21, KARACHI, pakistan
- p. 115, 1st para: Learn, learn, learn…..and learn more than ever before;
- p. 116, 3rd para: Gift and significance of Damascene incense burner;
- p. 117, 4th and last para to p. 118, 2nd para: Best practices in health, education and economic activity; dialogue between institutions and Jamat; and
- p. 119, 5th and last para to p. 120, 2nd para: Call on Tasbih anytime; keeping Allah’s awareness; life’s ultimate goal is spiritual happiness.
Farman Mubarak 22, DUBAI, UNITED ARA EMIRATES
- p. 125, 2nd para: Nazrana; importance of culture; meaningful gift.
Farman Mubarak 23, AHMEDABAD, INDIA
- p. 129, Complete page, and continuing to end of para on p. 130: Ethics, forgiving those who have made mistakes; Islam and brotherhood; giving guidance and supporting those facing difficulties; education and putting it into practice.
FARMAN MUBARAK 24, AHMEDABAD, INDIA
- p. 133, 3rd para.: Importance of Bilingualism — Learn National language and English
FARMAN MUBARAK 26, HYDERABAD, INDIA
- p. 140, 2nd para.: Jamati institutions must implement best practices;
- p. 141, 3rd para.: To Students — 110% Success in Education; if not 100% will make Imam happy, students helping each other; and
- p. 142, complete page: Do not stay up late before exams; a personal example from Imam’s life, a note to academicians; teachers are leaders.
FARMAN MUBARAK 26, HYDERABAD, INDIA
- p. 144, 3rd para.: Prayer and faith; drawing spiritual happiness; strength and Courage from prayer.
Please CLICK HERE to read Part 1 of our guide.
Messages and Talikas from Mawlana Hazar Imam, His Highness the Aga Khan
1. On the occasion of Navroz, March 21, 2020, our beloved Mawlana Hazar Imam most graciously sent a Talika Mubarak through Malik Talib, the Chairman of the Ismaili Leaders’ International Forum (LIF), which read as follows:
My dear Malik,
On the occasion of Navroz, I send to my worldwide Jamat my best blessings for peace and happiness in their lives.
I am also sending my special blessings for Mushkil Asan for my Jamats wherever they may be, and I pray for their health and their well-being.
2. On March 28, 2020, Malik Talib, Chairman of LIF, shared the following communication and blessings to the Jamat from Mawlana Hazar Imam that was conveyed to the International Steering Group which is coordinating efforts to ensure the Jamat’s safety and well-being:
“Please convey my best paternal and my best maternal loving blessings to my worldwide Jamat, and tell them that I think of them every minute of the day, each day, and I pray for Mushkil Asan and for their peace and happiness. We must remain strong and prepare to build, and to build well, when this crisis passes.
“The world is facing a challenging time, and in these moments it is important that the Jamat remains united and focused on helping those who will need assistance and hand-holding.“
My beloved spiritual children,
My Jamat is aware that the Covid-19 virus has created a global crisis that is also affecting the Jamat worldwide. As Imam-of-the-Time, I have recommended the Jamati and AKDN institutions and agencies to closely monitor the impact of this pandemic, and to extend support and assistance to the Jamat and the communities in which they live.
The Covid-19 virus is highly contagious, and every day we are witnessing the damage it is inflicting on human lives and societies. In facing this threat, it is very important that all members of my Jamat should take personal responsibility for exercising all possible steps to protect their own good health, safety and wellbeing, and that of their family.
Among the most critical of the measures recommended by all government and health agencies are the maintenance of the best standards of personal hygiene, and practising the notion of physical distancing. While not easy, physical distancing is essential.
It is my wish that my murids, and all those among whom they live, should follow these as well as all other guidelines and recommendations that the government and health authorities issue.
It is my hope and prayer that, in due course, work on producing vaccines and other forms of medicine will yield positive results, and that we will see a gradual return to normal life in all societies.
As we focus now on overcoming the present challenges, the Jamat and all my institutions should plan to build for the future from a position of strength and wisdom.
I send my most affectionate paternal, maternal loving blessings for the good health, safety, and well-being of all my murids, with best loving blessings for mushkil-asan.
My Jamat worldwide is constantly in my thoughts and in my prayers.
Translations of the above Talika in 9 more languages may be read HERE
4. On the occasion of Eid ul-Fitr, May 23, 2020, The Ismaili, the official website of the Ismaili community, published the following Talika Mubarak from our beloved Mawlana Hazar Imam:
My beloved spiritual children,
On the occasion of Eid ul-Fitr, I send my special loving blessings to my Jamats throughout the world for your happiness, peace, safety, and good health. My family joins me in wishing you all Eid Mubarak.
As the Jamati and AKDN institutions continue their collaboration with various governments, public health authorities and other partners in the endeavor to overcome the challenge of the COVID-19 pandemic, I would like my spiritual children to continue to exercise the utmost rigor in undertaking all personal measures to safeguard your own health, as recommended by the public health authorities and my Institutions.
At this difficult time, I applaud, with the highest admiration and gratefulness, the selfless services of all my Jamati volunteers, as well as the doctors, nurses, paramedics and support workers in the AKDN and other health facilities and related programmes: Their exemplary courage, commitment and dedication in extending care and comfort to my Jamat and others, and especially to those who are vulnerable and sick, is an outstanding actualization of the human values and ethics that all faiths cherish.
It is my wish that my Jamat should look to the future with hope and courage, in keeping with its age-old tradition of unity, generosity and mutual support which has at all times enabled it to move forward to a position of enhanced strength and resilience, from generation to generation.
My spiritual children should always remain mindful that it is the principles of our faith that will bring peace and solace in these times of uncertainty. I am with my Jamat at all times, and each of you, individually, is always in my heart, in my thoughts and in my prayers.
I send my most affectionate paternal, maternal loving blessings to all my Jamat – for happiness, good health, confidence and security in your lives ahead, and for mushkil-asan.
Translations of the above Talika in 8 more languages may be read HERE
A supplication, and recitation of Ginan Sahebe Farman…. by Late Alwaez Shamshu Bandali Haji
We submit the following supplication from verse 1 and 2 of Pir Hasan Kabirdin’s Ginan Sahebe Farman Lakhi Mokalea, followed by a moving recitation of the full Ginan by the late Shamshu Bandali Haji.
O brother! Listen, My Lord Ali has written and sent a Farman. The beloved Lord has remembered this servant today with kindness in his heart.
O my Lord Ali! Listen! Remove all my sorrows and troubles. O Lord Ali, the great king! O Lord of infinity! Fulfill all my wishes.
Date posted: June 15, 2020.
Last updated: June 15, 2020, 10:18 PM, EDT
Before departing this website please take a moment to visit Barakah’s Table of Contents for links to more than 200 pieces dedicated to Mawlana Hazar Imam, his family and the Ismaili Imamat.
Barakah welcomes your feedback. Please complete the LEAVE A REPLY form below or send your comment to firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t see the comment box. Your letter may be edited for length and brevity, and is subject to moderation.
Please follow us http://www.facebook.com/1000fold and http://twitter.com/simerg. This website, Barakah, is a special project by http://www.Simerg.com and is dedicated to the textual and visual celebration of His Highness the Aga Khan and members of his family, as well as the Ismaili Imamat.