Over the weekend, the Ismaili published a message from Chairman Malik Talib of the Ismaili Leaders’ International Forum (LIF) which includes the following blessings from Mawlana Hazar Imam, His Highness the Aga Khan:
“Please convey my best paternal and my best maternal loving blessings to my worldwide Jamat, and tell them that I think of them every minute of the day, each day, and I pray for Mushkil Asan and for their peace and happiness. We must remain strong and prepare to build, and to build well, when this crisis passes.….The world is facing a challenging time, and in these moments it is important that the Jamat remains united and focused on helping those who will need assistance and hand-holding.”
The Jamat was also blessed by Mawlana Hazar Imam in a Mubarak Talika sent on the occasion of Navroz. His prayers for our mushkil asan (protection from difficulties), health and well-being has been providing us much needed strength and courage to face and deal with the difficult times the COVID-19 pandemic has brought us.
We are additionally fortunate that thousands of Ismaili families around the world now have access to Farman Mubarak made by Mawlana Hazar Imam between 2011 and 2018. A set of two books was published recently, including a stand-alone volume of 45 Farman Mubarak delivered in 11 countries during the Diamond Jubilee year.
With the Farman book set missing an essential index, we felt it appropriate to prepare a guide to the Farmans that you may wish to read at a time in our lives when the COVID-19 pandemic has everyone worried, and has many of us cooped up indoors. What better way to spend your day than snuggling into your favourite chair with a nice hot cup of chai, reading the Imam’s guidance and blessings that he has bestowed upon us.
It is our humble hope that the references provided below will encourage you to read the Farman Mubarak quotes, and that by doing so, your hearts will be filled with joy, being reminded that Mawlana Hazar Imam is always present with each one of his murids at all times. We are confident that in the process of reading the references, you will be inspired to read the Farmans in full. Parents may wish to highlight the Farmans for their children, and also ask them to read the Farmans aloud, which can help build their confidence in public speaking, and enhance their oratory skills.
We also encourage the youth of the Jamat to read the Farmans, as this will enable them to better understand Mawlana Hazar Imam’s guidance, as well as the expectations and aspirations he has for every one of us, in every facet of our lives.
We will continue with this endeavour with more Farman Mubarak references in the coming days and weeks.
A guide to Farman Mubarak made by Mawlana Hazar Imam during his Diamond Jubilee Year: Part 1
Title: Farman Mubarak of Mawlana Hazar Imam Shah Karim Al Hussaini Aga Khan, Diamond Jubilee: 2017 – 2018.
Details: Softcover, 236 pages; published in 2019 by Islamic Publications Limited, Aga Khan Center, London, UK, under exclusive license from His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan.
Contents: Preface + 45 Farman Mubarak made in France, Uganda, Tanzania, Canada, Pakistan, UAE, India, USA, Kenya, UK and Portugal.
Availability: Jamatkhana literature counters.
- Page (p.) 7; top: Noor of Imamat
Farman Mubarak 1, Aiglemont, France
- p. 12, 2nd para: Imam of the Time, Importance of Faith of Forefathers, Getting Comfort from Faith;
- p. 12, last para. to p. 13, 6th para: Blessings
Farman Mubarak 2, Kampala, Uganda
- p. 15, 2nd and last para: Role of Younger Generation, Education, Faith, Intellect
Farman Mubarak 3, Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
- p. 21, 2nd para: Education, New Knowledge, Best Practices
Farman Mubarak 4, Toronto, Canada
- p. 25, 2nd para: Youth, Sense of Mission
- p. 25, 3rd and last para., and p. 26, 1st and 2nd para: Soul, Tasbih, Allah’s Remembrance
- p. 27, please read entire page: Education to Reduce Poverty, Role of Younger Generation, Blessings
Farman Mubarak 5, Toronto, Canada
- p. 28, 4th and last para. to p. 29, 4th and last para: Upholding Faith, Inspiration from Faith, Islam, Science, Intellectual Vanity
Farman Mubarak 7, Toronto, Canada
- p. 39, please read entire page: Mehmani Acceptance, Imam’s Happiness, No Such Thing Like a Final Mulaqat
Farman Mubarak 8, Montreal, Canada
- p. 43, 1st para. (in italics): Imam with Jamat at all Times
Farman Mubarak 9, Montreal, Canada
- p. 47, 1st para: Importance of Laughter and Happiness, Working Together for Future Capacity
Farman Mubarak 10, Garamchasma, Chitral, Pakistan
- p. 49, 2nd para: Living Peacefully with People Around You
- p. 51, 2nd para: Blessings for Ruhani
- p.51, 3rd para: Volunteers
Farman Mubarak 11, Booni, Chitral, Pakistan
- p. 55, 3rd and last para. with continuation on p. 56, 1st para: Drugs and Respecting Imam’s Wishes
- p. 57, 4th para: Imam’s Assurance He is Always with Us.
Farman Mubarak 12, Taus, Ghizer, Pakistan
- p. 58, 3rd para: Meaning of Social Relations, Bringing People Together
- p. 59, 2nd para: Faith Principle, Ethics, Avoid Evil
- p. 59, 3rd para: Childhood Education
- p. 59, 4th para: More Ethics
- p.61, 3rd para: Nazrana and its Multiplication, Mushkil Asan
Farman Mubarak 13, Hunza, Pakistan
- p. 65, 2nd para: Blessings, Smiling Faces
To be continued….
Date posted: March 29, 2020.
Last updated: April 09, 2020 (typos).
Before departing this website please take a moment to visit Barakah’s Table of Contents for links to more than 200 pieces dedicated to Mawlana Hazar Imam, his family and the Ismaili Imamat.
Barakah welcomes your feedback. Please complete the LEAVE A REPLY form below or send your comment to firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t see the comment box. Your letter may be edited for length and brevity, and is subject to moderation.
Please follow us http://www.facebook.com/1000fold and http://twitter.com/simerg. This website, Barakah, is a special project by http://www.Simerg.com and is dedicated to the textual and visual celebration of His Highness the Aga Khan and members of his family, as well as the Ismaili Imamat.